Young musicians to perform at major jazz festival
JUN 30, 2012
Location: Outside the Black Dog Café, 308 Prince Street, St. Paul, MN
Time: 1 pm
Now in its 14th year, the Twin Cities Jazz Festival is one of the area’s leading jazz events. In 2003, The Dakota Foundation for Jazz Education first hosted a Youth Stage, and the tradition continues at this year’s festival St Paul!
The young talent to be highlighted on the DFJE Youth Stage on Saturday, June 30, includes groups and individuals who have participated in DFJE sponsorships and programs (such as Jazz Artists in the Schools), as well as up-and-coming musicians and ensembles. The stage will be located just outside the Black Dog Cafe in the artistic Lowertown area, and the line-up begins at 1 p.m.!
Dakota Foundation for Jazz Education Youth Stage Performance Schedule
June 30, 2012
- 1:00-1:45 Southwest High School Jazz Combo, directed by Keith Liuzzi, the 2012 Jane Matteson Jazz Educator award winner.
- 2:00-2:45 Roseville Area High School Jazz Band, directed by Pat Moriarty.
- 3:00-4:10 Dakota Combo Alumni All Stars (with Jake Baldwin, trumpet; Brad Allen, saxophone; Quentin Tschofen, piano; Emerson Hunton, drums; Jordan Jenkins, bass, and more).
- 4:30-5:15 Minnesota Institute for Talented Youth Jazz Ensemble, directed by Scott Carter.
- 5:30-6:15 Stillwater Area High School Jazz Combo, directed by Dennis Lindsay.
- 6:30-7:30 The Dakota Combo, directed by Adam Linz.